Friday, April 25, 2008

marilyn monroe


u know one of those romantic movie scenes which doesn't seem credible-- guy, tall and "well-built", which actually means FAT-- when about to propose to his lover, pulls out his ring from his finger, and slips it into the girl's finger. and amazingly, the ring fits her finger perfectly! what fat fingers you got girl!? and btw, she doesn't even mind this cheap bastard! sharing a ring? thats just disgusting

i refer to a scene from the movie "Blonde", the life of Merilyn Monroe. did u know that apart from being a sex symbol, a movie star, a beauty icon, a tramp, girl-who-didn't-wear-underwear, and what not!... she was also a woman, just a woman. miserable and hurt. very very hurt infact. talk about a turn of events, eh? i swear, had i drank a lot of water today-- i would surely have wobbled like a broken washing machine.
the movie made me so sad. even more sad, because everything that i heard as rumor about her, was actually true, and in spite of it all-- she was so beautifully, painfully lonely, like a painting hung in a museum wall.
u know, there is a reason why sad people are sad, and happy people are happy, and detached people are detached, and angry people are angry, and impotent people are impotent (i don't know why i added the last one, thought it fits).
we are kinda like the struggling artists. making art out of life. fine-art or modern-art. if your life turns out to be the fine-art kind-- u are a lucky man, good to go! but if your life becomes a modern-art-- u are one of those "nobody understands me" types. perhaps the only connoisseur of that kinda painting, will be your mother. and these kinda paintings usually end up hanging on her refrigerator door. she's the only one proud of you.

that line which people love using, "i'm just being myself" is such a load of crap! because if one-fine-day u truly ARE at your best dumb self, and try out 'just being myself', you will end up being-- selfish, fickle, unreasonable, fat, lazy, moody, or unshaved! may be even all at the same time. and you wont mind any of it at all! and very much at peace. if only the rest of the world could disappear!

so go get yourself unhairy for godsake! there are miles to go before... ...the hair stops growing!

5 comments:

Inam said...

o yes, I know all about how sad it is to become part of modernist literature. I have even gone further, my life has turned into an absolutely Postmodern narrative, with no tangible logic whatsoever :D great writing. Also, congrats on the Poetry Reading that you have written abt in the next post. Well, had I been the judge, you know who I would give the prize to ;)

Unknown said...

hihihi... "nobody understands me" ..."the modern art type". HILARIOUS!!!

Shion Guha said...

I should extend the premise further and propose the next assumption:

"Nobody Loves Me"

In any case, I echo your sentiments tyna girl !!

rg267 said...

chomotkar!

Would have been interesting to see, what "life" analogy u could come up with alongside surreal art.. maybe a topic by itself in yet another blog...
great performance... chug along!

Raggi Chatterjee said...

Hi Tina,

Finally I read them and by far this one is the best. There are so many things I want to say (which I will once I meet you - supposedly tomorrow)....but according to me, this is a very mature hand :) I love the starting and the para (or whatever terminology you use)"...she's the only one proud of you". All the very best :)

With love,
Raggi di.