Friday, May 2, 2008

dedication: to my great SINGING CHEF

she is sometimes rude, crude, bit-of-moods, wooed... and now wed. and i love her. not all times. but many times. i love nothing all of the time. it would be a boring habit. and i dont trust boring habits. "habit" is the official word for one of your disgusting/meaningless practices. and it takes a long, boring time to grow habits. perhaps when waiting in a waiting-room. or in a dentist's clinic, waiting to be drilled upclose and personal! right inside your mouth. (talk about no privacy!) and the thought of it, made you bite your nails, or dig your nose, or fart, or chew your thumb...! and this took an OFFICIAL turn, the day you launched it as "habit".
hence, i don't love her by habit. but love her nevertheless.
i'm immensely in awe with her big mouth, big heart, big brain, and BIG culinary skills! yesterday night, exemplified all her biggies. we talked for a long time, like Jane and Elizabeth. [ok you can be Elizabeth. but i'll give you a tough fight;)] And when she is nice to u, & u better be on her good books, she talks to you so soothingly, with her words tripping so gently upon you, she'd make u feel like a small child (or pampered brat! with all the food n goodies). but her maturity is like a NYC skyscraper. and she'd inspire you towards becoming THAT.

thus, by the end of this big and small fluctuations of your sense-n-sensibility against hers, you'd wonder if u just got outta bungie jumping or sky-riding


this post is to let her know, it was nice talking to you yesterday. and i'd remember those words for a long time. (perhaps even make it a HABIT, who knows!)


HABIT
A BIT remains.
BIT remains.
IT remains.

1 comment:

Raggi Chatterjee said...

Hi Tina,

Thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou thankyou.

My first reaction was...awwwww...that's so sweet. Thankyou very much. And coming back to my great poetic sister, I would like to mention that I loved two lines immensely in this blog... one is, "i love nothing all of the time (reminds me of Jane Austen's hand)", I just happen to love this phrase (whatever you may call it)...and "by the end of this big and small fluctuations of your sense-n-sensibility".
The glorification of "Habit" was very very good. As a matter of fact, the first stanza was awesome. The second was personal. And yes, you don't have to give me a tough fight honey, since I can never (and I mean NEVER) be Jane and you can be BOTH, so I think it's legitimate for me to be Lizzy and you Jane:))...Perhaps, not all the time, but sometimes :)....but coming back to the second stanza...it was personal...and the ending was very touching. I'm absolutely honored and I thank you for the nice chit-chat.

With Love,
Raggi di.